Saturday, January 19, 2013

10 Things To Buy From the Dollar Tree- For the Kids

If you haven't already guessed by the title, I am a broke college student with a blog. As soon as I get my degree I will change the title to "A Bit Of Everything From A Broke TEACHER". Because, lets face it, a teacher's salary isn't much better than a college student's.

Today lets talk about one of my all time favorite stores.... The Dollar Tree! Everything is a dollar! How great is that?! When I was little my mom would take me and my siblings to the Dollar Tree and say "Everyone gets 3 things". We (the kids) felt like it was an early Christmas, I mean come on 3 new toys that we got to choose, and my mom only spent $3 on each of us.

When it comes to the Dollar Tree there are things to stock up on, and things to stay away from. It all depends on what you are using it for. When it comes to the kids just about anything can be turned into a fun playtime activity.


     For example, q-tips. If you want them to clean your ears, do not I repeat DO NOT get them from the dollar tree. But if you want to make a maze, learn shapes, or create snowflakes get your q tips at the dollar tree. Some Dollar Tree buys for the kids may require more imagination than others, but I believe in you!





Beauty Supplies- Grab!
         Little girls love playing dress up or beauty parlor, so why spend big bucks when you can get a variety of things for just a few dollars?!


 Clothes- Pass.
         $1 tank tops will break before you get out of the store, and the cheap fabric makes them a pass.




Coloring Books - Grab!
     Kids can get bored of the same coloring books quick. At the Dollar Tree you can grab Sesame Street, Disney Princess, Spider Man, and Mickey Mouse for $1 pr. book!  Don't pass this one up!


Craft Supplies- Grab!
     Stickers, pipe cleaners, beads, all of them lead to hours of craft fun. Snatch it up and make a craft bag for the kids to pull out on a rainy day.



Flash Cards- Grab!
     Educational, and fun. Enough said.

Glow Sticks- Grab!
     Look at the variety. Lots of colors, shapes, sizes, bracelets, necklaces, the list goes on and on! You can even let the kids chose their favorite and have a glow in the dark dance party when you get home!


Poster Board- Grab!
     Cheaper than Walmart. Need I say more?

Shampoo- GRAB!!!!!
     Was I the only one that dumped half the container of shampoo into my bubble bath when mom and dad weren't looking? Stock up on a variety of smelly bubbly shampoo and you won't have to worry about running out. For $1 you can afford for the kids to put a bit of extra bubbles in their bath.


Shaving Cream- Grab!
     With a Dollar Tree plastic table cloth kids can have hours of sensory fun playing with shaving cream! They will even smell good after.



Crayons- Pass.
     Coloring with these crayons are like coloring with a candle. No color, all wax, and easily broken. Pass.

Silly String- Grab!
     In my house we did a Dollar Tree silly string vs Walmart silly string challenge. The Dollar Tree silly string won. Not only does it last longer, sprays farther, but Walmart's silly string can cost upwards of $3-$4. For your silly string needs, head to the Dollar Tree.

Wipes- Grab!
     How many times have you found a bag of wipes that got left open and dried out? Well with the dollar tree wipes, it doesn't really matter because the wipes were only $1



This has been 10 things to buy from the Dollar Tree (Kids version). Comment and let me know if I left anything good out! Or let me know what you like to buy at the Dollar Tree when you go! Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more posts.

-The Broke College Kid-

No comments:

Post a Comment